What Makes Us Different?
You Can Count On Us To:
- Excel at complex jobs by using an engineering mindset resulting in construction that is built to last;
- Be a full-service lumber supplier who provides high-quality lumber and materials faster than anyone else and at an affordable price;
- Utilize our own skilled labor – we don’t just use outside workers;
- Have experience in some of the most impressive large residential projects as well as small home builds and everything in between;
- Stock and work with exotic woods every day which makes building custom doors, unique decks and other wooden projects our specialty;
- Inspect and assess rotten siding to ensure no leaks exist and ensure that your new siding will be money well spent for years to come;
Don’t take our word for it! Check out our happy customers!
“If I were to speak specifically about Premier Construction and why their Team stands out to me, I would say it is a combination of 4 key things: 1. Quality of Products; 2. Responsiveness; 3. Creative Solutions when problems arise; and, most importantly, 4. Dependability. Working with Premier makes me feel like I have one less thing I have to worry about.”
“Premier’s quality approach to construction and carpentry really sets them apart. From the high quality construction and quick turn-around of trusses to the eco-friendly building materials, Premier is the best construction choice in the Greater Cincinnati Area.”
Certifications & Safety
Member of the Home Builders
Association in Cincinnati since 1964
Safety comes first at Premier - We have a strict, regulated standard of how to do what we do in the safest manner possible. Premier uses this safety program to:
Protect our employees - Employees are the backbone of our company. Our safety program helps protect our employees from hazards in the workplace.
Protect our reputation - We’ve worked over 50 years to create a danger free reputation in the workplace. We take this reputation serious. Therefore, our policy on safety is ZERO TOLERENCE.
Meet Our Leadership Team
Jan Gilkey, CEO
Jan has a background in business and marketing from Xavier University which gives him the means to create a strong culture of continuous improvement and ultimate customer satisfaction. Being part of the Gilkey family and steeped in building and construction throughout his life, it was easily apparent that he would carry on his family's tradition. Jan takes great pride in leading an organization that has been contributing to improving lives through construction for over 50 years.
Dale Sehlhorst, Vice President & Truss Designer
Dale has spent 30 years gaining experience with lumber and building throughout the construction industry. Dale’s experience and business savvy made him the perfect choice to become the leader of Premier’s Construction services segment. Dale has the unique blend of engineering skills and creativity which enables him to design trusses that are a perfect fit for even the most challenging structure.
The Premier Sales Team
Howard, Ron, and Tony lead our sales team with extensive knowledge in all facets of construction. They each have a lifetime of experience in the industry and are certified to provide articulate answers to questions and concerns during the discovery process for a customer. Understanding how to quote difficult jobs is critical because our goal is to deliver successful projects on time and within budget.